Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
Living a Healthy Life, here at the Mississippi County Health Department is a program for those who wish to live a healthier life while living with heart disease, arthritis, diabetes, asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, and many more.
This program is a six-week workshop for adults living with chronic diseases, as well as their family members. Participants in this program will receive the book, Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions and a guided relaxation CD.
Within this program you will learn how to:
· Identify pain management approaches
· Manage fatigue and stress more effectively
· Use creative problem solving to learn how to cope with your condition
· Identify ways to deal with anger, fear, frustration, and depression
· Discuss the role of exercise and nutrition in chronic disease management
· Improve communication with family and friends
· Form a partnership with your health care team
For more information, questions, or if you have an interest in participating in this workshop, please contact 573-683-2191
Or visit https://www.mpoweryou.org/chronic-disease-self-management-workshops/ and click on your county if you’re interested in signing up!